While I was Mayor, we developed a foundation for the Senior Center. We have accomplished a lot and there is still more to do.
- Expansion of the Transportation Program.
- Secured funds to purchase two new vans.
- Collaboratively applied for a grant to provide a senior outreach position at the Senior Center.
- Implemented "Lunch with the Mayor" - each month a senior is chosen to have lunch with the Mayor.
- Christmas in July to the frail homebound seniors.
- Received a bequest from Mr. Roger Comi's estate for over $ 97.000.00 -- some of the funding will be used to develop a new computer lab.
- Opened the Senior Center on the alternate closed Fridays for the congregate meal program.
- Received funding from Supervisor Nguyen for senior exercise equipment.